FrançaisUne poutine aux couleurs du Mexique
Try a Mexican twist on a Canadian favourite
(NC) Our favourite French-Canadian comfort food got a serious healthy makeover…made in Mexico. This delicious dish can be turned into something nutritious as well, without compromising on taste.
What happens when the spicy flavours of Latin American meet the tastes of our childhood classics? Get ready to fall in love with this poutine featuring avocados from Mexico.
Mexi-Canadian Poutine with Veggies and Avocados
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 – 25 minutes
• 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into sticks
• 1 turnip, peeled, cut into sticks
• 3 parsnips, peeled, cut into sticks
• 3 carrots, peeled, cut into sticks
• Splash of canola oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 cup (250 mL) ready-made poutine sauce
• 2 tbsp. (30 mL) tomato paste
• 2 tsp. (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp. (15 mL) hot sauce (such as Valentina, Red Hot, etc.)
• 1 tsp. (5 mL) cumin seeds (optional)
• Kernels from 2 grilled ears of corn
• 2 grilled peppers, diced
• 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cheese curds
• 2 avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and cubed
• 2 shallots, minced
• 2 tbsp. (30 mL) cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 180°C/375°F.
2. Mix vegetable sticks in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook on centre rack for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add sauce ingredients to a pan and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. When vegetables are done, put roasted vegetables, cheese curds, roasted peppers, grilled corn and avocado from Mexico cubes on a serving platter (or 4 individual plates). Top with shallots and cilantro. Drizzle with sauce before serving.
Media Attachments Related Posts
All News Canada content is provided free of charge. Any source/sponsor of the information must also be identified as presented. For articles, credit of usage must be attributed to News Canada with "(NC)" at the beginning of an article or "www.newscanada.com" or "– News Canada" at the end. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada content constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions in News Canada content are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of News Canada Inc., its management or employees. News Canada Inc. is not responsible, and disclaims any and all liability, for the content of comments provided by contributors.