Quick weeknight teriyaki for a delicious and nutritious dinner
(NC) Few meals beat a stir fry for speedy cooking and mouth-watering taste. This family-friendly dish combines a sweet teriyaki chicken with fresh bok choy, and hearty portabella mushrooms for an added nutritional punch. Serve alongside rice.
Mushroom Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 lb (225g) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large portobella mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby bok choy, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh chives
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper and garlic powder. Season chicken with half of the seasoning mixture. In a medium sized bowl, toss together mushrooms, bok choy and the rest of the seasoning mixture. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 minutes, stirring often. Stir in mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, rice vinegar, ground ginger, garlic powder, cornstarch.. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add teriyaki sauce to chicken and vegetable mixture and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chives and sesame seeds.
Find more information at mushrooms.ca/recipes.
Media Attachments Related Posts
All News Canada content is provided free of charge. Any source/sponsor of the information must also be identified as presented. For articles, credit of usage must be attributed to News Canada with "(NC)" at the beginning of an article or "www.newscanada.com" or "– News Canada" at the end. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada content constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions in News Canada content are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of News Canada Inc., its management or employees. News Canada Inc. is not responsible, and disclaims any and all liability, for the content of comments provided by contributors.