An avocado toast with a twist
Add a Canadian twist to the classic avocado from Mexico toast. By replacing the bread with a bagel, a whole new world of flavours will open up. Trust us, you'll want more.
Avocado Breakfast Bagel
Prep time: 20-30 mins
Cook time: 8-10 mins
- 2 bagels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 medium avocado from Mexico sliced into wedges
- 1 cup arugula salad
- Hot sauce or mayo to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Slice bagels in half and spread the butter on the cut sides.
2. Preheat a large pan (or griddle) over medium heat and, once hot, toast the bagels cut side down until golden brown. Set the top half aside and flip the bottom over and drop more butter in the pan before cracking an egg into the hole. Cook until just set and then flip for one minute or desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Flip back over and top each with 2 slices of bacon and the Swiss cheese.
4. Remove from heat. Add your avocado slices, arugula, and drizzle hot sauce or mayo to taste.
5. Top with the other half of toasted bagel and serve.
Media Attachments Related Posts
All News Canada content is provided free of charge. Any source/sponsor of the information must also be identified as presented. For articles, credit of usage must be attributed to News Canada with "(NC)" at the beginning of an article or "www.newscanada.com" or "– News Canada" at the end. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada content constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions in News Canada content are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of News Canada Inc., its management or employees. News Canada Inc. is not responsible, and disclaims any and all liability, for the content of comments provided by contributors.