Start your mornings right with a nutritious breakfast bowl
(NC) Busy families on the go need something super quick and easy to make in the mornings. Made with Florida orange juice, this healthy quinoa bowl is packed with protein, Vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals. It’s a great way to make a fast weekday breakfast that’s warm and delicious.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 cup Florida orange juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup berries; any combination of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Combine orange juice, maple syrup and matcha in a lidded glass jar. Shake vigorously to combine and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, almond milk and salt in a small sauce pot, set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa has uncurled and looks like spirals.
- Remove quinoa from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- To serve, divide quinoa and sauce between two bowls.
- Top each bowl with berries and almonds and serve warm.
Helpful tip: Top with any of your favorite healthy toppings, such as granola or chia seeds.
Find more great recipes at floridacitrus.ca.
Media Attachments Related Posts
All News Canada content is provided free of charge. Any source/sponsor of the information must also be identified as presented. For articles, credit of usage must be attributed to News Canada with "(NC)" at the beginning of an article or "www.newscanada.com" or "– News Canada" at the end. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada content constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions in News Canada content are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of News Canada Inc., its management or employees. News Canada Inc. is not responsible, and disclaims any and all liability, for the content of comments provided by contributors.